Monday, April 6, 2015

Reactivating my blog





Ever since Alex Kaniamparambil, my countryman and good friend, now living in the U.K., stopped publishing his e-magazine “Snehasandesham” to which I used to contribute regularly, I have become intellectually lazy. I have stopped putting pen to paper, an activity that gave both exercise and pleasure to my depleting brain cells.

Well, I want to restart writing. What to write about is not an issue, since the choice is limitless; what to choose to write about is more vexing. I have started re-reading some books and often I am left with a different perspective than what I originally held.

During the past Easter Week, I re-read parts of two books that I hold in high esteem as far as depth of research and strength of evidence are concerned. They are:

1.            The Jesus Dynasty [The Hidden History of Jesus, His Royal Family, and the Birth of Christianity] by James D. Tabor and
2.            Jesus Who? [Myth vs. Reality in the Search for the Historical Jesus] by Dr. James Gardner.

Please note that the three of us share the same first name ‘James’, although that’s where the commonality ends!

For quite some time I have been pondering the question: Who is the founder of Christianity as a religion?

What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment